About the Service:
- It is a medical service primarily available to General Practitioners and their Workcover and MVA patients.
- It provides fast and easy access to local South Australian top-level treating specialists from various disciplines (some of whom do not routinely see WorkCover or MVA Patients).
- Appointments are made within 14 days of request, which is unprecedented for most medical specialists.
- The treating GP remains as the primary treating doctor, implementing any specialist recommended investigations and treatment.
- Arrangements can be made for patients who wish ongoing treatment with the specialist in question.
- This is not a medico-legal appointment; it is a clinical treating service aimed at diagnosis and treatment to achieve the best possible health outcome.